All on 4 dental implants are one of the first types of dental implant systems which yield the best possible results for the patients who have lost their natural teeth. With time, this system has advanced to a considerable extent. Earlier, patients believed that it was necessary to opt for a single implant concerning single missing tooth area. But now, with the aid of the improved dental technology, just four implants can efficiently bear the load and aid in the functioning of the prosthesis in the upper or lower arch.
The basic procedure of all on 4 dental implants:
All on 4 implants procedure consists of specific steps which dentist or implantologist performs for the respective dental patient.
- In the first appointment, your dentist will find out the best type of dental implant which will suit your case and help achieve the desired results from the procedure. Once All on 4 dental implants is finalized, your dentist will make you understand about the procedure so that you have your concepts clear before the commencement of the same.
- CBCT is taken with the temporary prosthesis in the mouth for preparing the surgical stent. Total treatment time is 8-9 days.
- In the next appointment, the patient is administered with local anesthesia to avoid excessive pain during the dental implant surgery.
- Then, any tooth remnants if present are removed to create sufficient space for the implant. Also, the dentist checks for the presence of tissues where there are certain chances of interference of the same in the successful placement of the tissues.
- This step is followed by placement of the four dental implants across the entire chosen dentition. The dentist or implantologist measures and allocates the location of the dental implants. This ensures that all the dental implants contribute equally in functioning as anchors for dental prosthesis placed over them.
- The final step of all on 4 dental implants procedure is that post surgical observation along with proper cleaning and suturing of the areas where dental implants are placed successfully.
Benefits of all on 4 implants procedure:
- The number of dental implants required in these type of dental implant procedures is less. Just with the aid of four dental implants, the entire dental dentition prosthesis gets placed.
- Just within one day, the whole procedure gets completed.
- In most of the cases, all on 4 dental implants do not require bone grafts for completion of the process.
- Placement of the implants is done in-depth which offers a permanent solution to the patients.
- The entire procedure requires only one surgery.
Recovery time of all on 4 dental implants procedure:
For every patient undergoing a medical procedure, it is essential to know the recovery time associated with the same procedure. This helps him mentally prepare him for the events which can after the dental implant surgery till he recovers completely. Usually, a basic dental implant procedure takes about a period of three to seven months. But, you will be happy to know that all on 4 implants procedure takes much less than the usual time. So, with this procedure your recovery time reduces, and recovery speed gets increased significantly.
Thus, you can opt for All on 4 Dental Implants in Delhi under the expertise of the dental implantologist Dr. Puneet Kathuria at Dr. Kathuria’s Dentistry.