In the modern times, dental care has become an essential part of most of the individual's lives. With time, a number of individuals are becoming aware of the fact that natural teeth when lost can be replaced successfully with the modern day dental treatment options. Dental implants are one such dental procedures which have risen high in the latest times in replacing the area of the lost natural tooth in the mouth. This helps the individual to make sure that they can have both aesthetics and functionality like that of the natural teeth. Dental implants are several types and depending on the status of the patient's mouth, the dental implants are decided by the dentist and his team which will help the patient fetch the best results from the dental implants for the rest of the life.
- Immediate loading implants: These days no patient wants to wait for long and continue to keep coming for the extensive appointments of the dental procedures. So, immediate loading type of dental implants is gaining popularity these days. This is a comparatively quick procedure, and patients are highly satisfied with the quality and existing life of these type of dental implants. Patients with these type of dental implants need not worry regarding the amount of chewing forces which are applied to the artificial teeth. All they have to do is to meet certain criterias for immediate loading & we are ON.Ask your dental expert like Dr.Puneet Kathuria for the same.
- Missing Multiple /All Teeth: Gone are the days when you just need to manage with the temporary solutions after losing or getting multiple teeth from our dentition extracted. Dental implants now successfully replace multiple missing teeth in the patient’s mouth and ensure that they get the best dental implants and then crowns to get back the functioning and aesthetics of the teeth. Moreover, patients with these cases can easily get rid of the stress of the absence of teeth with such dental implants. The dental implants are bio compatible with the jaw bone and therefore will be intact with the jaw bone. With a few implants, we can restore your dental condition & you can get rid of your partial/ full dentures & enjoy Fixed teeth. For Full Arch (upper/ lower jaw) cases, we prefer to place 6-8 implants to restore 12-14 teeth per jaw.
- Missing Single Tooth: Most of the individuals who have single missing tooth do not take it seriously. It results in the mobility of the adjacent teeth, thereby leading to the weakening of the other teeth. So, it is crucial to replace a single missing tooth with an excellent quality dental implant as soon as possible. This will help in maintaining the teeth sequence and assist in preserving the gum structure around it. The dental implant will ensure that you do not lose your remaining teeth or compromise with the single tooth missing area.
- All on 4 Implants: Are you wondering that how you will get your entire two arches of missing teeth replaces with dental implants? Then, All on 4 Implants will be of great benefit for you. The whole artificial teeth set is placed just with the help of 4 implants. This ensures that the immediate function is possible. It is beneficial as it takes shorter period than other traditional treatments for the full-arch prosthesis. Also, it is quite cost effective as compared to several other dental treatments which make it a good option for replacing missing teeth. This is one of the best types of dental implants for the patients who are on the verge of losing their teeth or have just lost several teeth. It’s a patent technology but never the first line of choice. With just 4 implants, we can give 10-12 fixed teeth which are a long term provisional restoration.
- Sinus Lift: Earlier sinus lift was a painful procedure. But now it can be done easily with the help of the dental implants. Now there are specially designed dental implants which are introduced to reduce the pain of the patient and therefore ensure that the patient has no postoperative pains or discomfort and can start with the regular eating habits within few days of the procedure. The sinus membrane is lifted upwards with the dental implant without hurting the sinus or causing pain in the respective area. The entire procedure takes at least six months to complete. So, patients need to be patient enough to get the desired results for their lifetime.
- Soft Preservation: Soft tissue preservation around the dental implants is one of the major concerns of most of the dental specialists. These days experienced dentists do soft tissue preservation quite successfully around the dental implants. It makes it possible for the patients to have an adequate amount of soft tissues around the dental implants.
- Bone Grafting: If a patient had missing teeth since years and did not get dental implants placed in the respective place then it leads to the resorption of the bone in those areas. Then if the patient plans to opt for dental implants treatment, bone grafting is done first. This provides a firm base and support for the future dental implants treatments. The socket graft and the block bone graft are the most utilized bone graft procedures for the dental implants. It is made sure that either bone graft from the body of the patient is taken or from a reliable or bio compatible. Commonly used Bone Grafts in our clinic are RMTB & Bioss.
- Nobel Guide: Nobel Guide is the latest introduction in the field of the dental implants. This new technique is usually utilized for single or multiple missing teeth or entire arch with all missing teeth. One of the best features of this treatment is that it uses 3-D guide for the surgery and placement of the dental implants thus saving a lot of time of the patient. It is a flapless surgical technique which makes it comfortable and pain-free for the patient. The best part is that the treatment steps are pre decided and so it takes fewer appointments which make it cost effective.
Dental Implants Cases at Dr. Kathuria's Multispeciality Dental Clinic
1. How much do dental implants cost?
There are different types of dental implants which are presently available. The type of dental implant which you require depends on the type of your case. So, you need to understand that there is a wide range of costs which you need to discuss with your dentist. Also, the costs vary with the status of the bone around the missing teeth as well as the increased adjacent teeth. Also, the costs vary with the experience and specialization of your dentist. It typically starts from 35,000/-INR upwards.
2. Will dental implants be painful?
You will feel discomfort on the day and the very next day after the dental implant procedure. But then you need to understand that this discomfort is much less than that of the pain after the dental extractions. Depending on the type of the dental implant procedure, the magnitude of this discomfort will vary. But the best part is that it will stay only for a day or two as you would be on desired medications for 5-7 days.
3. How do I know I need a dental implant?
The answer is quite simple. You just need to go to your dentist for regular checkups. During a checkup, your dentist will tell you regarding the status of your teeth and associated structures and also regarding the treatments required. If you have missing teeth and want a permanent solution, then you will be advised to go for dental implant procedure for the long term benefit of your dental health. So, make sure you go for regular dental checkups without fail.
4. What is the success rate of dental implant procedures?
It is the best among most of the other dental treatments in today’s time. It is one of the highly trust able missing teeth replacement solution in today’s time. Most of the dentists and specialists who do dental implant procedures are well experienced in this procedure. So, the success rate is high. We at Dr.Kathuria’s, one of the leading dental implants clinic in India, enjoy at 92% and above success rate over a10 years horizon.
5. When can I resume my routine and/or work?
If you are undergoing single dental implant procedure then you can resume with your daily routine and work just within a day. In case, you have undergone placement of several dental implants then you need few days to a week of proper rest before you resume with work or previous routine.